kansasprairiegirls

About buying and selling used books and stuff online. Plus my adventures and random thoughts.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nice Words from an Unhappy Client

Well, the lady who didn't like "At All Costs" is returning the book. She sent me a very lovely message saying she was pleased with my service.

I didn't really want that book back. Now I feel I owe her money to pay her shipping costs. I'll try to figure that out once the book gets here, after my vacation.

Vacation time - as of Sunday evening, I'll suspend all my offerings and Monday will be my last shipping day for over a week. I'm going with family and friends to sunny Playa del Carmen, to spend a week snorkeling, swimming and being lazy. We're headed to the Barcelo, which will be a new resort for us.

I hate to brag, but we are also doing a very good thing for our good friend who has been very ill with cancer. She has stage IV kidney cancer. She works as a secretary in a large government agency, and could never afford a nice vacation like this. So we are taking her and her teen-aged son. She's never been to Mexico, much less the fabulous beaches along the east coast of the Yucatan.

She may never get a chance to travel; she might not be around this time next year.

But we still have hope. And, in the meanwhile, we will share and celebrate the time we have left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home