kansasprairiegirls

About buying and selling used books and stuff online. Plus my adventures and random thoughts.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Book Collecting in the 21st Century

Over at Albris you can find a nice guide to book collecting. One of the suggestions I found very helpful was to look at collecting creatively. Just because many people center their collections on first editions of famous authors does not mean you have to follow in their footsteps. Other collectors pick categories meaningful to them, such as 1960's Science Fiction, or art exhibition or museum catalogs. By the way, I love the catalogs. Usually they are printed on very high quality slick paper, with outstanding reproductions of the artist's work, a short biography and a critical assessment of the importance of the artist. Highly collectible and nearly always undervalued, in my opinion.

Anyhow, I recommend taking a look at the guide compiled by Albris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home